Friday, September 26, 2008

Umm....Dig Deep....

Just a quick report on doings here.....The house over the river is almost finished and looks great. The family is camping nearby under a plastic tarpaulin and waiting with shining eyes to move in with their little bags and bundles. On Sunday the monks will come and we will have a baci to celebrate and to bless the house. Just in time as the brief dry spell is over and we are in the last rainy time before the weather gets cold again.

Meanwhile, I am hoping that anyone who can will find some spare cash to help me pay for all this. The whole thing was around $2500 USd. Soon I will have an arrangement for US contributors to give tax free, but who knows how long it will be until I can afford to do it in Oz. May have to wait until Dan is a practicing lawyer to get a good rate....

(I know I should have raised the money first, but the rains were falling and there was no time to waste.)

Got to run, as I have two classes tonight and then a HUGE party that we have organised for my new boss Gary. Tomorrow I teach all morning and then have a dinner party here and Sunday I teach, do the baci and next week I start my Amantaka staff classes in the mornings and continue with the Pasabandith ones at night. Whew!! And everybody says this is a serene lotus-eating existence!

Hugs o you all!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been enjoying reading about the teaching you're doing in Laos. I'm curious about when Amantaka is opening--is there a tentative opening date scheduled yet?